The index run of April 2023 underlines the reliability and extensive potential of CRV's Fleckvieh breeding program. Daughters of bulls that were already popular as InSire bulls, such as Majo, Westwind and Wüstensohn, are exceeding expectations. These bulls are proving themselves as all-round sires at the highest level. This is helping increase confidence in the new, young genomic bulls that are reinforcing CRV's Fleckvieh range across the board.
- Breeding for Feed Efficiency to ensure sustainable and profitable dairy farming
- CRV Members council approves new Supervisory Directors for CRV Holding BV.
- CRV made a selection of high lifetime production yields 100-tonners from their test farm Barendonk Holsteins
- The average Dutch dairy cow will have almost four lactations, which means that a significant percentage of her production potential is unused. If the lifespan can be extended by two years, that would mean an additional lifetime yield of 1,800 to 3,000 Euros per cow.
- The birth of a calf will always be special, but the period leading up to the birth can be tense. Will fertilisation be successful and will the calf be born alive? Fertility problems can also arise after calving that affect the cow’s next pregnancy. Fortunately, many of these problems are preventable. Judith Roelofs from HAS Green Academy explains how to recognise, treat and prevent these problems.